Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What would I do without Nisha, she always comes up with great ideas...

John called me on his way home from work this evening. Tonia is traveling, he had to have a dip for work tomorrow. I recite all our old tried and true ones, nothing was ringing his chimes. So I told him I would call him back, then I get on the phone to Nisha.

She recited all of her old tried and trues, I was going, no, I don't think that's what he wants, so then she says she was at a party recently and somebody had Black Bean Salsa that was good, but she didn't have the recipe.

So I Google it, find the following recipe, read the great reviews, and the tweaks for it that people used, texted it to John's phone, he picked up the ingredients at the store, and I would imagine that it's chilling in his fridge right now.

I'll update you on how it turned out, it sounds great - I posted recipe on Jan Can Cook - the tweaked recipe - we added juice of a lime to this and minced garlic. You could also add jalapenos if you want it really spicy. I personally would omit the cilantro, but John is a fan, so he was chopping some to mix in and then using it to garnish.

Here's the recipe
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena