Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Egads, I'm getting SO old....

I so enjoy a good bowl of oatmeal in the morning... Oatmeal... OATMEAL??? I wouldn't have eaten oatmeal in my younger years for anything, now I think it's sublime. LC, too. Not the instant stuff, not the 3 minutes quick cook stuff, or the steel cut oats, but regular, old fashioned oatmeal. Actually, the best I've found, except for Trader Joe's, which I don't have access to is Wal-Mart's store brand of Great Value Oven Toasted Oats. They come in this huge box, are dirt cheap, and they have a wonderful flavor.

Cooked til it's creamy, I add Splenda, lots of Saigon Cinnamon (buy it at your local grocer, Saigon Cinnamon is far and away the most fragrant cinnamon you've tasted) and a healthy splash of Fat-Free Half and Half. Sublime, I'm telling ya, sublime...

Old age is rolling right in, ladies, but not to worry until I switch to Cream of Wheat (no teeth, no chewing) and start eating the stuff for dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena