Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Why do i ALWAYS think about food???

Hooterville says I think about food more than anybody she has ever known. That woman NEVER thinks about it. I swear she can go around on empty all day if she's busy shootin pix. I wish I could do that. Nish and I always say that we will both we eating on our deathbed. No matter how sick we are, we STILL eat. And no matter WHAT I'm doing, when it's mealtime, I have to stop and eat. I just can't run on empty.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about chicken potpie. Now Tonia makes a killer one, it's SOOOO wonderful. I seldom make them, but I've been known to throw back a few Swanson's in my day... No Banquets tho, they only give you a top crust. Miz Piggy, here, wants the bottom crust, too. But of course, the Mother of all Frozen Pot Pies has to be Marie Calendar. The crust is made with lard, and it has a gadzillion fat grams... It's good, not as good as T's, but the best "store bought" available.

I remember as a little girl, Mother would come home from work, bake us both Swanson Beef or Chicken Pot Pies and a fix a salad with Wishbone Italian dressing, the mix in the little packets that you pour in the bottle and shake. She would chop celery and onion into a really small dice, and put it in the salad, tossing it in her big stainless steel bowl, the one that I now use daily in my own kitchen. We would set up the tv trays in the living room, and eat "supper" watching Chet Huntley and David Brinkley on the NBC evening news. Oh, I loved that meal. Jeez, Louise, what made me think of that??? Talk about a trip down memory lane....

I Googled Marie Calendar, looking for nutritional information, and found the recipe for their Pot Pie. I'm posting it on Jan Can Cook.

1 comments:

  1. If you spend any time at all at Heavensville's home, you will realize that she gets up in the morning and immediately starts surfing for recipes! I've never seen anyone so addicted to food as she is ... LOL And, I might add, she is a wonderful cook :o)

    Just remember that Hooterville doesn't come to your house to eat ... she comes to take photos!!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena